Reaction Upon Reading: Confused
“When you look death in the eye and death blinks first, nothing seems impossible.”
I am not sure where to start with writing this review. Normally I finish a book and wait a few days to get my thoughts together before I sit down and attempt to share them. The other thing I always do is take notes in my phone of quotes I like, questions I had, reactions and ramblings, but because I listened to this book on Audible while I drove to and from work each day, I did none of that. Therefore, this review may be a bit disjointed and all over the place *sorry*
I didn’t love ‘The 5th Wave’ and the only reason I decided to read ‘The Infinite Sea’ was because I really enjoyed the movie and it sparked something inside me, that made me feel a need to know what happened next. Now that I have finished the second book I am too far gone and will be reading the final book because I need to know how it all ends.
Overall I felt the writing, pacing and characters had developed a lot better than in the first book. There were a few twists I didn’t see coming and I wasn’t too sure where it was going in the end, which is a good thing…generally. The audio-book ended and I had far too many questions.
“It isn’t that the lies are too beautiful to resist. It’s that the truth is too hideous to face.”
- We got to hear from different character’s perspective throughout the book
- There was a mixture of ‘before’ and ‘after’
- That all the characters I like are okay…for now
- The Rat analogy
- I thought this was a great analogy, way to obvious and mentioned far to often, but still very effective
- I was Yancey had just hinted to it and let me have that moment of realization when it all come out at the end
- The ending – I am so confused
- Who is good and who is bad? Is anyone bad?
- Cassie drives me nuts
- She is whiny, annoying and far to self righteous
- I really wanted to like her, at the end I was almost rooting for her but she is just a small part badass and a big part bitch
- I wanted more Evan
- What really happened?
- What parts of this book were so crucial to this trilogy that I needed to know, because it felt like a hell of a lot of relationships and drama and not enough alien destruction!
- TOO MANY LOVE TRIANGLES
Reactions, Ramblings & Questions:
- What is the book cover meant to represent?
- We start with Ringer telling the story – Well I wasn’t expecting that
- Why does this series have so much hype?
- I was trawling through the overall ratings to see what others’ opinions were and I cant believe how many 5 star ratings I am seeing
- I read this book purely to find out if Evan Walker was alive
- Are they making this into a movie?
What did you think about this book?
Share your thoughts below