Books Read this month
Lingus || Truthwitch || Return to Me || Sinful Cinderella || Bright Side || Not After Everything || Serafina and the Black Cloak || Neighbor Dearest || Broken Prince
I forced myself to finish a lot of books this month. I had half a dozen books that I was 20% through, so I made a goal each week and made sure I reached it. I then added in a few books I was checking for my classroom and some random ‘no brainers’ when I needed something light to read. It was a bit of a bizarre reading month.
It is currently school holidays. I thought for sure I was going to get in a lot of reading time, but the first week is almost done and I have been insanely busy. I am hoping next week brings more reading time for me.
I devoured this book. I absolutely loved every single character, the story, the message! Everything was perfect. I need to get my hands on more books that Kim Holden writes, if they are as good as this…then I will be in for a treat.
Least Favourite Read
I just finished writing a ranting post about how bad this was. I will save further opinions for that post, as it probably isn’t safe to reopen that can of worms.
I have just picked up and started reading ‘Empire of Storms’. I find the sheer size of it completely overwhelming. I have picked it up and put it down 4 times now and have only managed to get through 3 chapters. I know its going to be amazing, for some reason I am just not ready to read it yet.
I am listening to ‘Under the Lights’. I love Abbi Glines because she writes what I would consider the ‘bubblegum pop’ of teen romance. Its easy to read and always enjoyable.
I am reading ‘Tales of the Peculiar’ to my class at the moment. I went and watched the movie today and it was awful! Quite possibly the worst book adaptation I have ever seen. So disappointed. The last 40% was completely made up. Stupid Hollywood endings.
Most Anticipated October Reads
I need to get my hands on these ASAP!
Jennifer Niven has got a lot of hype to live up to. ‘All the Bright Places’ is my absolute favourite book that deals with mental illness. I love the synopsis for ‘Holding up the Universe’ – it sounds unique and refreshing.
Illuminae was one of my favourite reads last year. I am excited to see where they take this one and of course I am looking forward to experiencing the unique layout once again.
Life In General
- Reading: Nothing right now, I am struggling to find a book I want to ‘stick’ with.
- Eating: Far to much junk food, but it is the holidays.
- Drinking: Milk
- Watching: Narcos…by watching you mean binging the entire first season.
- Listening to: The rain thundering down on my window. We are in for a rough night.
- Working on: A space to share all my travel photos – Check it out
- Loving: My brand new Fijifilm X20 camera!
- Anticipating: My road trip all around the South Island in January. We finalised some of our activities and payments this week. It is starting to feel real.
What was your favourite read this month?
Leave a comment below
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me || Morning Star || War Horse || The Infinite Sea || Tell Me Three Things || Roomhate || Fangirl || Walk the Edge || Carry On || Since You’ve Been Gone || Kindred Spirits
I read 9 books and 2 audiobooks this moth. It is school holidays which meant I got to focus on reading a lot. I didn’t read anything off my TBR from last month. Sigh! But I did make a new shelf on my Goodreads for books that I own that I haven’t read yet…67 books. When did this happen?!
Check it out
Forget about favourite read for the month. This is currently my favourite read of the year. I didn’t think I was going to like it because I thought it was going to be a cheap knock off of Harry Potter. It superseeded all expectations and I absolutely adored it. It is one of those books you wish you could read for the first time all over again. This is a must read!
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can’t carry on at all.”
Least Favourite Read:
This is not my least favourite read because it is bad (although it’s not great). It is my least favourite for the month because there is so much hype surrounding this book. If you scroll through Goodreads nearly every person has given it 5 stars. I gave it 3.5 and that was at a push. Riddle with cliches and overused book tropes, not a winner for me.
“Real friends are the ones you can count on no matter what. The ones who go into the forest to find you and bring you home. And real friends never have to tell you that they’re your friends.”
Winter || Dream Thieves (Audiobook) || Mr. Terupt Falls Again (Classroom Novel Study)
Posts made this month
- Top 5 Wednesday: Rainy-Day Reads – Link
- Isla and the Happily Ever After – Link
- Would you Rather Book Tag – Link
- Top 5 Wednesday: Books with Hard Topics – Link
- Room Book Vs. Movie – Link
- Top 5 Wednesday: Books you are Intimidated by – Link
- Nowhere but Here – Link
- Lassoing the Virgin Mail Order Bride – Link
May TBR Shelf
I am not sure why I make a TBR shelf I never stick to it. Maybe I will make it my goal for the month…Who am I kidding that really isn’t going to happen. I only have a few definite books I would like to read.
Rose and the Dagger || The Raven Boys Series || The Last Star || A Court of Mist and Fury
Life In general:
- Reading: Winter – finally I have put it off for far too long.
- Eating: Feijoas. It is the season of my favourite fruit. Nom Nom Nom!
- Drinking: Sparkling water with lemon, lime and bitters. It is my new drink of choice.
- Watching: Game of Thrones! It is back and this makes me so happy.
- Listening to: Bobby K by Lucian. Got that bad boy on repeat.
- Working on: My YouTube channel. I decided to start one and begin with dream casting videos until I work up the courage to film myself. You can check it out here.
- Loving: My new office. I spent the holidays redecorating, rearranging and repurposing some of the furniture. It is so amazing now. I am just waiting on my BF to finish building my bookstagram table. Eeeeeek.
- Anticipating: The arrival of a lot of books. I splurged a little and ordered myself quite a few books from book depository. Shipping generally takes about ten days so I can’t wait to add them to my collection.
What was your favourite read this month?
Leave a link below to your wrap up post
- Isla and the Happily Ever After
- Nowhere But Here
- Six of Crows (Audiobook)
- Room (Audiobook)
- Lassoing the Virgin Mail Order Bride
I read 3 E-books and listened to two audio-books this month. I am getting a lot more into Audio-books and have been adding to my wishlist quite regularly at the moment. I didn’t read as much as a normally do this month. It is the first term of the school year and I have been insanely busy. I am really looking forward to April to try and knock some books of my TBR.
I absolutely loved ‘Six of Crows’.
Who doesn’t want to read a book about an impossible heist, set in the most spectacular world told from six different perspectives? Did I mention the six main characters are bunch of criminals and misfits? Did I also mention there is a sequel coming later this year?
Do yourself a favour and go and get this book today.
“The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.”
Least Favourite Read:
I didn’t enjoy ‘Nowhere But Here’.
This book was far too predictable. The characters seemed to have no connection other than an initial attraction that made me want to continue to read. There was barely any banter and I knew what was going to happen scene for scene from about 10% into the book. Boring!
“I loved you before you existed, and I’ll love you after I’m gone.”
I am currently reading ‘Morning Star’ & ‘The Wall of Winnipeg and Me’. I am listening to ‘The Infinite Sea’ on Audible.
Posts made this month:
Life in General:
- Reading: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
- Eating: Easter Eggs – So much leftover chocolate…I am not complaining though – delicious!
- Watching: Vikings – We are thrashing this show in my house at the moment. I love me some Ragna.
- Listening to: Kiiara’s new album: Low Kii Savage – I am obssessed with song ‘Tennessee‘ at the moment
- Working on: My website. Work has been soooooooooo busy that I have used my Passion Planner to set myself lots of goals to ensure I am uploading lots of new and exciting content.
- Loving: My new bookcases! I have been buying tons of books and lots of little trinkets to make my shelves look beautiful. I could lay on the rug and look at them all day.
- Anticipating: One of my best friends 30th birthdays and school holidays =)
April TBR Shelf:
April is school holiday time for me, which means lots of time to read and write reviews. Yahoooooo!
This months TBR is definitely ambitious, but I mean ‘Go big or go home’ right?
- Wolf by Wolf
- We are the Ants
- Front Lines